February 07, 2024
February 02, 2024
March 31, 2023
Allergies are common in dogs, but why does it occur and what can you do to alleviate your dog's allergies?
Allergies and skin problems are very common in dogs (20% of all dogs suffer from allergies), and it is often a life-long disorder, where you must constantly make sure to keep the symptoms at bay, as the allergy itself often cannot be cured.
It is important to point out that there is no specific test that detects allergies in dogs. Allergy is diagnosed using empirical studies and the exclusion method.
March 30, 2023
March 29, 2023
In recent times, everyone agrees that vegetables are healthy in the human diet. But there are also certain vegetables that our four-legged friends benefit from eating.
At ESSENTIAL FOODS, we use a variety of greens in our meals, carefully selected for properties that improve the dog's overall well-being.
October 12, 2020
Your beautiful new puppy deserves the best! At Essential Foods we know you want to feed them the best of the best. That's why we're so excited to offer you our Puppy Dog Food Product Essential "The Beginning". We've created two specially formulated Grain Free, Natural Puppy foods that are just what your pup needs to grow and thrive. We want them to be happy and healthy.
ESSENTIAL THE BEGINNING - LARGE BREED is specifically formulated for puppies and juniors with an expected ADULT weight of 15kg and above.
The meal is developed to perfectly support this specific sensitive growth stage that bigger dogs go through. LARGE BREED follows our BOF principle and even grain-free.
Our Luxury Puppy Large Breed Dog Food costs on average under €1 a day to feed.
But don't just take our word for it, check out our rating on https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/1330/essential-the-beginning-large-breed . Essentials Large Breed Rated 3rd out of 1400 tested products and 933 brands, pretty good no?
Still not convinced, check out our reviews on Trust Pilot
I was told that the puppy food we were feeding our Doberman was only from chicken derivatives and not from actual meat and was horrified. I was on a mission to find something good for her and after many searches and comparisons I came across Essentials and it shone out as one of the best. I am not sorry, we thought our puppy looked great but after being on the large breed puppy she shines with health and she absolutely loves it too. Would recommend to anyone who wants something fantastic for their best friend.
I found out about essential foods from allaboutdogfood.co.uk when I was looking to change my cocker spaniel puppy from the kibble she had been on at her breeder to a better quality kibble. I was impressed with the high rating yet affordable price compared to the other kibbles with the same rating. She did really well on ‘the beginning’ and when it was time to move onto adult food I moved her onto the highland kibble. She looks amazing on it, people always comment on how shiny her coat is and it definitely helps to keep her in tip top condition for her agility training. Quick delivery too!
Came across this food when searching for a better food that I could feed both of our dogs as they were on different types of food. I found this on allaboutdogfood.co.uk. Our labrador will eat anything but the border collie would pick at food and 'take it or leave it'. Not any more, they both wolf this food down! They enjoy it more, their coats are shinier, the labrador has lost weight. Another bonus is that, to be blunt, no more stinky farts! Literally none! I had assumed that was just part of owning a labrador! It is so clear that this food is so much better for them than their previous brands and not much more expensive. Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Want more information, look at our ingredients list which is only sourced from the highest quality meats,fish,fruit and vegetables.
Made with fresh and dried chicken, duck, salmon, trout, egg 74%
Of which is fresh 48%
Minerals/crude ash 7.5%
In Ireland we are bombarded with so many different dog food brands, all of which claim to be the best for your dog. It is becoming increasingly difficult to cut through the nonsense and the misleading information put out there by large multinationals who put their profits ahead of your dogs health.
Essential Foods Ireland was setup by like minded people who are involved in the natural pet food retail business. After seeing the evidence from thousands of dogs and dog breeders, we strongly believe that Essential Foods is by far the best all round, grain free, natural, high meat content food on the market.
We are proud to be able to bring you this life changing food at the same value as the so called premium brands.
1) Is your current dog food grain free? Essential foods is 100% grain free.
2) What is the meat content of your current dog food? Essential foods is 70-80% meat.
3) Does your current food contain meat meal or meat derivatives? Essential foods are sourced from only the best quality sources. Essential foods is half fresh meat and half dehydrated meat. We do not use derivative or meal, and never will.
4) Does your current food contain additives and harmful preservatives? Essential foods is all natural with no nasty chemicals.
5) Is your dog suffering from itchy skin, rashes, smelly breath or other ailments? Essential Foods has cleared up issues for hundreds of dogs just by being the best and steadfastly sticking to our mission "to improve and prolong the lives of dogs". Try us! The results are undeniable!
6) Pricing: Don't be fooled, you get what you pay for! By feeding your dog meat flavoured rice or potato you are robbing them of their natural food-MEAT! This brings health issues down the line. With Essential Foods you feed a lot less due to the high quality meat content thus getting much longer from your bag.
7) Your current dog food releases sugars as soon as your dog eats it, resulting in energy slumps and other unnatural behaviours. Essential Foods is the only dog food to stabilize blood sugar levels throughout the day, particularly after eating. This lets your dog be themselves and benefits them mentally and physically from their natural diet.
Finally, it is always a good idea to take a step back and look at things from a different angle- sound common sense. Just how likely is it that a product based on the very cheapest of starch-based ingredients such as corn, wheat and rice combined with processed meat meal – and sold purely for profit –is a better diet for your dog than a meal composed mainly of fresh proteins such as salmon, trout, chicken, duck, venison and lamb combined with a wide range of carbohydrates? Well it’s not, is it? If you try ESSENTIALS, just look at how happy and healthy your dog is and then make your choice.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …